Saturday, February 25, 2017

Nearing THE END... Of Draft One

It's true folks.

I'm almost done another rough draft. 

Now this story is about as messy as it can get - think nuclear bomb going off in the middle of an ink factory messy. There's a lot of wordy areas, and spots where I need to make it less choppy - it needs to flow a little better.

Work on a manuscript does *not* stop when one types "THE END" after all. It's a constant process to get it refined... From the wording, to the way the story itself flows, and everything else has to be tweaked to as close as perfect as you can get it before your betas even get a whiff of it. 

I have at least two betas from another project lined up for this one already. When asked, both Peapod and a sweet lady I met in one of my old Creed haunts jumped at the chance to help me with this one too. So proud to have them both on the Beta Team, they're like family to me.

I'm down another chapter, and today, I wrote the anticlimax. It was tough to do considering everything, but it's done. 

I'm now mulling over how to arrange the lead in to the grand finale. I already know what's going to happen then, so I'm okay. 

I do have a working title for it, for the record. I wound up figuring one out the day after I wrote up the previous entry about hating coming up with even a working title. So far it's liked by my Facebook pals. Peapod thinks it's awesome and more catchy than the original one I had planned. 

Hopefully I'll be able to type "THE END" into that next week or the week after, and put it in stasis while I go through my ideas list and see which one hooks me next.


*****************

I'm also seeing a chapter end in my life. One that's been going on for a few years.

I'm finally saying "THE END" to work on one of my stories, for good.

You see, I finally found a publisher, one that's giving this little unknown a chance.

My first book is coming out later this year.

I've been going nuts working with the editors at my publisher trying to get this story perfected - from the editing to the proofing and even getting things just so with the way things line up for chapter breaks and so on.

I have also seen the cover proof for it. It's GORGEOUS! The artist who did it pretty much depicts how I pictured the leads since day one. (I cried when I saw it, it's so pretty, and I can't stop looking at it!)

I am seriously in love with that cover. *happy sigh!* 

I can't say much else right now. I will post things when I'm given the okay to share everything. I promise!

Not hard to tell I'm excited, huh? *looks innocent* 

Have a great weekend, folks. I leave you with my favorite Disturbed song... "STRICKEN"



No comments:

Post a Comment