Sunday, July 26, 2015

A Night of Pure Talent

Troubled Waters hosted another live music event... It was last night, at the MSAC again. 

First we were treated to some of (Prosthetic) Friends' instrumental riffs.... They're currently looking for a lead singer, but so far, no one has gotten lucky enough to fit the bill yet. No, I didn't try out for it... I can't carry a tune to save my soul, and I think most bands would prefer a lead singer who can actually SING...

Their instrumentals were awesome. It was my first time seeing this group as a whole (I have seen Bill the drummer with another band), and really enjoyed their performance.

(Prosthetic) Friends


Next, we were pleasantly surprised when Dirt Stache make an appearance. They even had - in my opinion - the funniest intro to a song for the night. "Here's something I'd rather  have than watch a Fast and Furious Movie," says Bill, the drummer. "CATHETER!" he yells into the mic.

My husband, who attended the show with me, cracked up on the spot.

I don't think Hubby realized just how silly the guys in Dirt Stache truly are... I always look forward to seeing them because they bring a lot of laughs along with some great instrumental tunes.

Dirt Stache
Flesh Cauldron was next, and their set even included a recording of backup lyrics for one of their songs. Almost the entire crowd - about 20 people, our MSAC's bar is a VERY tiny venue - participated in screaming "FIGHT!" for the guys.


I didn't participate. Like I said to a friend of mine, I don't want the album committing suicide because I was on it.

And as always, Flesh Cauldron kicked ass... Even with a joke about the "f**king drummer" - which happens to be an iPod with the drum tracks recorded on to it. No, they haven't gotten another drummer yet... So it's kind of turned into a running joke about an "invisible drummer".

Flesh Cauldron
And finally, last but not least, Whom Gods Destroy were on for their set. They didn't play "Sea of Tears", "The Traveller" or "Whom Gods Destroy", but they did play "Higher Planes", so they live once again. (Tee hee)

It was the first time Hubby had seen his brothers and Tim play at a live gig, and he liked it.

Their set included "Devil on Your Shoulder", "Higher Planes", "Ready for the Bite", "Tears of My Immortal Soul", "She May Be Evil", and "The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich".

Whom Gods Destroy
All in all, it was a great night.

Whom Gods Destroy and Dirt Stache will be playing a set each at RiverFest - Rock the Bush in Pine Grove next month, but I will not be attending. I'm just going to wait until they play at another Troubled Waters event, or somewhere else, that's easier to get to for me.

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment