Saturday, February 28, 2015

Real Life Happens....

Sorry I haven't been posting a lot, things have been bananas here lately.

Winter has been unkind to my area. We have had at least another 2 storms on top of what I was showing in my last blog entry, along with rain and freezing rain... The temperature plummeted and everything on the ground but the roads are now covered in ice. Towns and cities were running out of places to put the snow that they removed from parking lots and other places, and in some spots around here, the snow banks were over 8 feet high, if not higher. I understand that in our provincial capital, Halifax, there were drifts and banks in the 15 to 20 foot range. It's been nuts!

Son's basketball team had to cancel a couple of more practices and one or two games due to weather, but that hasn't stopped them from winning!

So far their record for wins, losses and ties is currently 7-1-1, with two games left to go in the season, both against the same school - one away and the last game is at home.

Son's been scoring a few baskets too. One game that was at home - both Hubby and I were in the stands cheering on his school - Son managed to get THREE baskets! He was so happy, and everyone in the stands went nuts! It seems the other schools' teams know there's a child with autism on Son's team and do make some allowances for him, even the parents from the other schools cheer when he scores. It's one heck of a great feeling seeing them root for him too.

Twelve's first draft will be finished before Easter at the rate I'm going. I was stalled for a bit but manged to get over it, and I'm finally starting to see the light at the end of that writing tunnel.

If I do this before May 29, that will be two first drafts finished within a year. That's a first for me. LOL No complaints! Hopefully I'm starting to train my brain to be like some of my writing friends' brains, be able to draft three or more stories in a year. That would be rather cool if I could do it like that! We shall see... :)

My reading team has already been alerted they have about a month or so to wait after this one's draft is finished before they'll get their copies of it. The editing will be similar to what I did with Away to Me but within less time. They've already been warned it's going to be a lot faster this time, and I'll be working on something else while this one is in stasis.

What I'll be working on next is still up in the air. I'm not going to worry about things now, that can wait until after Twelve's draft is finished... And I recover for about a week. LOL

Have a great weekend folks, and only approximately 3 weeks to go until spring, although my area won't see anything until mid-May, when the mud and blackflies arrive. Yuck.

I leave you with some photos that were taken over the course of the last month or so...

I'm only 5'2 1/2" and the bank behind me is as tall as I am. I'm by the main road in front of my house.

That @#$%^& snow bank in front of the house.

Our flowering crab tree covered in snow and ice.

Snow banks around the Bridgewater Mall parking lot.

Our driveway after the last ice and rain storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment