Monday, September 29, 2014

Dropping By for a Second...

Hi everyone, just dropping by with another ultra quick update. Things have been nuts here, between Son and I both having colds (he got over his, I'm still feeling horrid), homework and other school related stuff, going out with friends, and me trying to get another story on the go.

Last week, D and I went to Mahone Bay, and we did some walking and shopping, notably in two shops she adores and that I adore now too. Tea isn't my normal hot drink but I do like it and I admit I kind of splurged on a large bag of cinnamon tea. It's good, or I think it is, I can't taste much with my senses dulled due to this *f-bomb* cold.

We also popped down to our favorite place to purchase stones and other related items... I kinda went nuts in there and got a gorgeous pair of dreamcatcher style rawhide earrings and a few other goodies.

And yes, we discussed what direction I'm taking with my writing. It's not one that D was recommending... I was kind of expecting her to whomp me in the arse a few times, but she is leaving me alone on one condition: I do it to my genre's standards but in my style, and my style only.

This idea was my original idea, so it's "legal" to use as a story, in all aspects for me as an aspiring author. I spent my writing time on Wednesday doing detailed character bios/profiles - from their physical appearance right down to the jewelery they wear - and jotting ideas down for it as they came to me.

I'm still in the early stages of that one, although I am close to getting its "hook" - the first line that gets the reader interested and keeps them reading to see what happens next.

Not saying what idea it is or anything else right now. That's between me, my readers/editors and my writing pals. Heck I'm not sure if it's going to stick or not, so I'm not saying anything publicly. I don't want to jinx myself.

I'm not sure if this one is going to work out or not... We'll just have to see. *wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment