Friday, June 13, 2014

Closing in on Summer Writing Time...

Progress in Ten is starting to pick up speed a little, even with idiots abound in certain spots that allow trolls and jerks to flourish. (NOT saying where though, just glad it's not any forums I frequent!)

This week had two writing days... Wednesday and of course, today. I didn't set a goal for the entire week, I wound up setting a goal of 1500 for each day, just to change things up a bit. I'm still not fully absorbed by this story yet, so I'm playing it safe and keeping the daily/weekly goals sort of minimized for now.

Wednesday was over 2200 words, and I was happy to get it. I was running into more speed bumps with some of it than I can count, but determinedly pushed myself over each of them and kept going.

Today's word count was slightly higher, at 2445 words, which isn't bad considering it's Friday the 13th combined with a full moon, and Mercury Retrograde on top of it. Idiots galore is an understatement! (GEEZ!)

So if anyone was hoping to deliberately throw me off the writing curve, or hoping to see me not write for some stupid and nasty reason, they're going to be sorely disappointed. *SMUG GRIN*

I'm now partway into Chapter 5, and getting into stuff that's making me think it's probably time to put password protection onto the file - Son knows how to use the computer, probably better than I do, and I'm the family's computer tech! *THUD!*

For the record, the main characters haven't gotten to "that" point yet, but this story seems to be flowing more toward the "adult" stuff being in it from the very start, unlike my other manuscripts. What it is and other things are "top secret" until this one's published. *NYAH*

Oh well, gotta change it up to keep my writing fresh and exciting, right? *WINK!*

And in other news, I found out when schools start in my district this coming fall. It's September 4th, so it looks like "Away to Me" will be coming out of stasis on that day - unless I'm so deep into Ten that I don't want to set it aside for a day or so.

We'll just have to see how it goes, I guess. I will have a month to get it ready for the Alpha and Betas when it comes out of stasis, so I'll have plenty of time to get moving on that round of edits.

Speaking of summer........

Yesterday, Hubby and I took a drive along the shore, to one of our favorite spots.

It's a 1.7 km (one mile) long beach named Crescent Beach. I am not sure, but I think it was named after its shape. It's like a half moon, or crescent, and loops northward from west to southward on the eastern end, poking out into the Atlantic, and the road between it and the salt water marsh to the north is used to connect the LaHave Islands to the mainland.

It's one of my old childhood haunts. My family and I were at that beach a lot when I was a child, and I still love it down there to this day.

Hubby and I parked in one of the spots for that purpose on the back side of the dunes, climbed over a lot of boulders, and hit the beach. I took over 200 photos, a few videos and wound up uploading almost 150 of them to Facebook, along with five of the videos.

Here's a sample of some of the photos:

Facing eastward, toward the LaHave Islands.

Facing west, toward Petite Riviere and West Dublin.


Periwinkles on rocks at the east end of the beach.



At the east end of the beach, facing the open ocean.

East end of Crescent Beach.

Here's a video from down there, just waves hitting the shore. So peaceful!


And another one, while facing the LaHave Islands, eastward.


And look, there's a beach bum!

((Yes, this is really me!))
I hope you enjoyed the photos and videos of one of my favorite spots in the world.

Have a fantastic weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment