Friday, April 25, 2014

It's Only Been Two Months... "I'm THAT Far Along Already???"

This week has been another wild ride, writing wise.

Monday was a school holiday, so I spent most of it relaxing in between housework and helping my son with different things.

Tuesday was spent researching, talking with a beta reader and planning what to write next in Eleven.

Wednesday was a writing day, and that didn't go as I had hoped. I kept hitting speed bumps along the way and wasn't impressed with my overall progress. It was only a 1500 word day, which is one of the worst ones yet for having the entire day to myself.

Today was different. I had a little problem getting into it, because although I knew what was going to happen after where I left off on Wednesday, I wasn't sure "how" to lead into it yet. I played around with different ways and finally got going.

After that, it was like my fingers were flying across the keyboard. The words were coming faster than I could get them down and I had to go back and fill in a few missing words here and there once in a while.

The next thing I knew it was just after 4 p.m. and time to stop. The guys were on their way home (Son had after school fun time today and Hubby picked him up on his way home from work) and I had only another ten minutes, tops, before they arrived. I had just started a scene when they arrived home, but that's okay. I know exactly how it's going to play out so I will be able to get right back into it the instant I get my duff offline and dive into it on my next writing day.

Chapter 7 has been finished and Chapter 8 is about halfway done at the moment.

I just fell short of adding 5K words today. *BLINK!*

I haven't written up any love scenes for this one yet - normally I have at least the first one done long before I hit chapter 3 in the main file! - but that's okay. I'm closing in on the over 18 stuff starting pretty soon anyway... So I may as well leave things alone until I get to those points in the main file. I already know how the teaser is going to go and the lead in to it. Now getting between there and love scene #1 may take a lot of thinking... I have NO CLUE what's going to happen in it, the only thing I know right now is the circumstances that allow for it to happen. That's it.

I've done a word count on the main file ONLY today, and I'm shocked at my progress. Eleven's original idea came to me just under 3 months ago, and I've only been working on it for two months part time, and it's over 30K already! *THUD!*

Yeah, progress has been THAT good, folks.. And that number does NOT include all of the other scenes/files that I've written up and need to splice in!

I'm amazed at the progress so far. This one has taken over my mind even more than the Legacies series did when I was writing it, and all of my long time readers know how crazy I was going with writing both of them, notably "Family Portraits"!

Remember how I said a local friend (who is also one of my beta team) suggested a title for Eleven a couple of weeks ago and I wasn't sure if it was going to be the "final" title or not?

I've come to a decision on that too... And the title my longtime friend suggested is IT, folks! (Thank you D!) It's perfect for the story for various reasons I don't want to get into publicly right now.

I'm not ready to make the official announcement, that's coming sometime later this year, and I'm not sure if I'll do it before or after Eleven's first draft is finished. I may be one third of the way finished its first draft, but I still have a long, long way to go before I see the light at the end of Eleven's first draft tunnel.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment