Saturday, April 5, 2014

A Wild Writing Day, and "Spring Into Metal"....

I look at the clock and see Friday has turned into Saturday without me realizing it...


Writing wise, things are progressing in Eleven faster than I could have hoped for this early on in the writing process. It's been only six weeks since the full idea for the story came to me, and already I'm seeing myself getting deeper and deeper into this new WIP.

This is the first time I've gone from zero to ninety in less than two months and it's a weird feeling... It took me almost 2 years to get really deep into writing what used to be "No Regrets" (Now Vols. 1 and 2 of the Legacies series) and almost 4 months between the initial idea for Family Portraits and getting into writing that one.

I look at Eleven's main file and am shocked at my progress to date. Even with the craziness of a snow day, my son having the flu and being home two additional days, being so tired and other things, I still managed to get another 3100 words added to it today.. Sorry, I mean yesterday... It's past midnight in Atlantic Canada now... Anyway, I met all of my writing goals for the week and then some, so I'm happy. I got over 1000 words, managed to get a few scene ideas for it added to the Ideas file, marked a few ideas off as "DONE" and wrapped up Chapter 5, and started Chapter 6.. Rough draft, of course.

Eleven's main file now is now close to 20K word wise - without me being overly wordy! *BLINK* It needs a lot of editing, but I'm doing my best to wait until after Draft One is finished before I attack it full force. I know, the more I do now, the less I'll have to do later on, but I've been having problems just writing and not going into "edit mode" while I have my writing time.

If I keep going like this, I'm going to be finished draft one of this one long before my self imposed deadline of February 17, 2015... The "full" conception date of this one. I'd like to have it perking before that IF I can do it....

And today was another milestone. For the last week or so, I've been trying to come up with the right title for this one, and it's been driving me nuts... I finally asked some trusted friends, along with my Alpha and Beta readers for suggestions and we may have struck gold, thanks to one of my longtime best pals who is also one of my Beta Readers. I'm not posting it publicly right now, because I'm not sure if it's the working title or will become the permanent one. It's great and fits the story, but if something else comes to mind, I may change it.

Once I know for sure what the final/permanent title of Eleven is, I'll say it on my real name profile... Sometime.

"SPRING INTO METAL"

Last night was Troubled Waters' second event of the year in Bridgewater, NS. I went and had a lot of fun. They had a fantastic lineup of bands - again! - and although there wasn't a lot of people there for the first two sets, the place filled up a little more for the last two.

Flesh Cauldron started off the night. Ovie and Chris rocked the house with their awesome sound and got everyone wanting more.

Whom Gods Destroy played their set second... Eli, Adam and Tim showed off their original classic metal tunes starting off with a medley of "Signs of Life", "Tears of My Immortal Soul" and "The Traveller" and rounded up their set with "Beyond Redemption".

I had threatened to "clock" them if they took "Sea of Tears" out of their set list and well... They did, the goofy buggers. *Rolling eyes* However, I did not do a darn thing to them other than threaten them with retaliation if they didn't play at least one of my other favorite songs by them instead.

They did, they played two... "The Traveller" and "Beyond Redemption", both of which are on their 2011 album, "Signs of Life".

I'm going to let the guys live... For now! *Cackling!*

Try Dying was up third. They were a band I had never seen before and I was pleased with their performance. Normally I don't care for any Rolling Stones songs (sorry to all of their fans but I can't tolerate them at all!), but they did a cover of "Paint it Black" that even I liked! They were good, their sound is more death metal.

Finally, Doom Machine wrapped up the evening with a kick ass performance. I had met the guitarist earlier that night and he is a down to earth and friendly guy... All of the guys in Doom Machine are really nice, as well as great musicians.

I had a lot of fun... Between getting out of the house and listening to a lineup of great metal bands with some wonderful family and friends, it was a great way to wrap up a productive day and to relax.

I'd like to thank Troubled Waters for putting on another great show at the Bridgewater MSAC. They always seem to get the creme de la creme of local metal talent in their lineups. Their Facebook page is in my links area, to the left of my blog entries.

Flesh Cauldron's Facebook Fan Page...

Whom Gods Destroy Facebook Fan Page...

Try Dying Facebook Fan Page...

Doom Machine Facebook Fan Page...

Have a great weekend everyone! I leave you with photos from Spring Into Metal.

Flesh Cauldron:

Whom Gods Destroy:

Try Dying:

Doom Machine:

Chalkboard with the night's lineup... That's Eli from Whom Gods Destroy... His hand anyway...

No comments:

Post a Comment