Monday, November 11, 2013

Slowly Changing the Gears...

It's been a full week since Book 2 went into stasis, and so far, so good. I'm getting urges to work on it, but at the same time, I'm able to stay away from it for now. Yes, it's hard to do sometimes, but so far, I'm managing and although there are some days I have to hand the computer over to someone else, it's not as bad as what it was last year after I put "No Regrets" into stasis for the first time.

This last week has been interesting to say the least. My husband was working all evening shifts - minus this weekend, where he was working two day shifts - so I haven't had any days that I was home alone all day and wanted to write. Friday will be the big test for me, because I'll be home alone all day that day, but thanks to a few things popping up here and there, I may not be all that crazy that day.

You see, my beloved mentor shot an idea at me for a possible storyline, and I copied it and pasted it into an "Ideas" file, just in case. I'm not going to say what it is publicly, y'all know how I tend to be closed mouthed about my stories and their plots, but it's a good idea that has merit and it is within the "romance with a twist" genre I write in. I was mulling over the idea for a bit, thought about modifying it a little bit and set it aside while I relaxed and tried to keep sane from not having anything to do with the writing open on my taskbar.

Over the weekend, I said something about not feeling great, and of course, my writing buddies chimed in with their support and friendship, with a few reminders I'll be okay (that's normal, we support each other fully in all aspects of our lives, not just writing!), and one of them said to message them. I did, and thanks to this friend, I started having quite a few questions bouncing around, and he gave me a few extra to think about.

Thanks to him and my mentor, I *may* have a new idea for a future manuscript. What it consists of is their ideas combined together into one, with a few modifications. There is a huge twist to it, one that hit me while I was talking to both of them, and it's going to work, if I can do it just right. 

Again, I'm keeping the mouth shut on what it is publicly, just like I didn't share any of the storylines from "No Regrets" and "Book 2" while I was writing them. I don't even know if this new idea will turn into anything or not at this point, it's very early in its conception stages, and I'm not sure what the main characters look like, let alone their personalities, their careers, or anything else for that matter. All I have right now is the combined ideas from my two friends, with the big twist, where in Canada the story will be set, and the leading characters' first names. That's it. 

I know, it's not much, but at least I have more today than I did last week, so it is progress of a sort. Yes, I am looking at the bright side of this, I'm still the eternal optimist, and it's times like this that I am grateful that I'm so sunny-natured. I swear that's the only thing that keeps me going some days, that and my son and husband.

So today, and possibly the rest of the week, I plan on jotting down ideas and doing research on everything I have so far for the new idea. I'm not classifying it as anything like "untitled 9" or "book 3" yet, because I'm not sure how far it's going to go, or even if it's going to make liftoff right now. It's something I hope to turn into another book in time, and there may be a book or two in between today and this one getting off the ground for all I know at this point. We'll just have to see how things go with this one, and future ideas.

On another topic, I'd like to thank everyone who commented or sent me anniversary wishes yesterday and today. Yesterday, my husband and I celebrated our twelfth wedding anniversary, and the day was extra special thanks to our family and friends sending us congratulations and well wishes.

Before I close, I would also like to remind everyone that although today is Remembrance Day here in Canada, remember our veterans and our allied forces year round instead of only one day of the year. Our world would be a much different place if they hadn't protected our freedom, after all.

"Highway of Heroes" by the Trews...


No comments:

Post a Comment