Friday, November 1, 2013

Feeling Like a Squirrel On Speed, 2013 Edition, Part One: Terminal Velocity!

This is copied from my writing thread in Sanctuary, posted this morning...

It's started. 

It's just me and Cat here right now and I'm looking at Book 2 and it's starting to sink in that I do NOT have anything to write at all now. It's not out of my head enough yet, the writing batteries are somewhat drained and I have NO new ideas to start a new story.

The crash back to reality is making me feel odd. I feel like I'm about to hit the Earth at terminal velocity and there's nothing I can do about it. I feel like I should be writing and there's nothing to write, so I'm at odds what to do with myself for the next five hours. It's the same feeling I had last year this time, after Book 1 was finished, although Book 2 isn't in another perk cycle yet. That will be happening after I finish the full reread of it, probably later today or sometime over the weekend... THAT is when it'll fully sink in.

Thanking the stars I did NOT send Book 1 off yet, because it's going to save my life and keep me from driving our [screen name of Sanctuary's owner/site goddess] and my wonderful husband insane, and keep me from wrecking the industrial strength padding our Site Goddess recently installed in the forums here. I'm starting to feel like a squirrel on speed right now and it feels weird to be online this time of morning on what would normally be a writing day for me, had I actually had something to write. 

I do have the name of a possible future leading lady in my head, and after I told Hubby what it was the other day, he had an image pop into HIS head and told me what it was. I have it jotted down in the Memos section of my cell phone (Son was using the computer when Hubby gave me the idea), but I don't know anything about her other than her name at this point in time. I don't know what she looks like, her personality, her likes and dislikes, if she's a virgin or not (probably NOT!) or anything else about her... And I have NO idea what her story will be, or who and what her leading man will be either.

I hate feeling like this when the after the book is done high starts wearing off... It's a repeat of last year, between the time Book 1 was finished and I got the idea for its sequel, Book 2, thanks to our Penth telling me a few things about Book 1 and shooting a few ideas at me. I think deep down, our beloved Site Goddess/my beloved mentor realized I wasn't ready to say goodbye to the interesting characters from Book 1 yet, and her suggestion made a spark come to life in my brain that less than a few weeks later, became Book 2. Now that I HAVE said goodbye to them and their stories, I'm even more at odds with myself on what direction to take my writing and characters.

The fun has begun and hopefully I don't drive everyone TOO crazy with things. If I get too bad, I'll just have to sneak offline and deal with it away from everyone else. I don't want to put anyone through me losing it any more than I have to, and even here at home, I may sneak upstairs if I drive the guys overly crazy.

Hopefully this weird feeling doesn't last as long this year... I don't have the strength in my hands to make another few zillion dreamcatchers. *SIGH*

I hope something writing wise hits me soon, cause if I am unable to write, I may as well be dead. It's as essential to me as breathing, as any other true author/writer or creative person out there would know! 
 So it's started, that stupid squirrel on speed feeling again. I'm not sure what's going to happen over the next few weeks or months until the writing batteries are recharged and I'm waiting for replies from publisher #1 on my list, but I do know I'm going to try to keep busy with my [god awful] photography and other things creative wise until something new hits me writing wise and I'm so deep into it that I'm walking around in a fog like I have ever since first Book 1/"No Regrets" then Book 2 consumed my mind. 

I hope and pray I won't be as bad this year as I was last year. *SIGH* 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween... Happy All Saint's Day and Hello, November!

No comments:

Post a Comment