Saturday, October 26, 2013

Buzzing Along...

Another week has gone by, but without a lot of writing time. Hubby only worked two day shifts out of four days and although Son was home one and a half of those two days (parent-teacher meetings on Thursday and inservice on Friday), I still managed to get a little work done on Book 2.

Since I had maybe 2 hours between the time Hubby left for work on Thursday morning and the time the bus got here, I dove into the writing and when it was time to go get Son, I had a couple of shorter scenes finished in Chapter 45. I was thinking I couldn't continue, but Son wasn't feeling the best and he wanted to just sit quietly in the living room and watch TV (his meds had kicked in by that time), I thought about where to go next in the chapter and continued on. By the time Hubby called me from work a little after 3, I had most of the chapter finished and decided to keep going after I got off the phone with him. 

The guys had their computer time, and I was still anxious to work, so I went back online and worked on fleshing out scenes that were not up to my insanely high standards for even a first draft. Sure enough, I wrapped up the chapter and had made a few adjustments here and there.

Yesterday morning, Son and I got up and I opened Book 2 despite the fact my eyes were on the verge of rebelling. I did a partial reread of different things, and really tweaked the last bit of Chapter 45 so it fit in better with everything else. 

I am now at the start of Chapter 46, where everything from the UH OH part, before it and after it will start to be wrapped up, and how everyone will start moving forward. I'm not sure if the grand finale will be at the end of it or not, it all depends on how quickly and neatly I can get everything finished. I'll just have to wing it and see how it goes I guess. *laughs* I do know it's coming soon, and so will the epilogues. I'm not sure exactly how or where the grand finale will happen, but I do know what I want said in it and have an idea of where the leading characters are when it happens. 

The epilogues will be coming after that, and I already know how the last one will end. I'm not saying how, that's a surprise, but I will say the reader will have a warm, happy feeling when they get to that part of the book. 

I have three or four writing days coming up this week, and with a little luck, I'll get to the grand finale during one of them, if not hit the first epilogue, or more. It all depends on how things go and if my mind wants to start letting go of these characters and their stories. I really don't want to say good bye to them yet, but it's time. Some of them have been in my head for about 2 years now, if not more, and I've enjoyed having them there, but it's time for me to finish their stories and move on. I hope after things settle down with me, I can start a new project, with new characters and new stories, after I take a break and do some photography, etc for a change while the writing batteries recharge. I don't want to be known as a two book/one series writer after all, I want to be able to write stories about other characters, who are a lot different and have nothing to do with the ones in the "No Regrets/FP" duology. 

I can hope I can do it, at least. *laughs*

Have a wonderful weekend, everyone, and if you're in my area, enjoy the sunshine, even if it is cold out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment