Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer Writing Time 2013, Part 2!

Almost another month has passed and although things are going slowly, there has been some progression in Book 2...

The last time I posted an update, I was at the end of Chapter 27 and ready to dive into Chapter 28. I haven't had a lot of time to write the last few weeks because of my husband's crazy schedule at work (he can work either day shift or evening shift) and the fact that I've been going nuts working on other things in the meantime.

I know, I'm supposed to be reading and taking a break from my own work, but a few things have popped up that got me thinking and I'm now back to working on getting Book 1/NR (formerly Untitled #7) ready for publishers. I'm currently working on a package for a publisher I will not name and will be sending it out when it's ready and I think NR/Book 1 is the best it will be for a publisher. Those who matter already know which publisher, and only they will know when it goes out and if I get rejected or not. I don't talk about that publicly, I'm scared I'll jinx myself otherwise! I have been going through the book to make sure everything is kosher but am catching a few things like verb tense errors and other things. I've also changed a few things to line up more with Book 2 (just a couple of things so the reader isnt' taken aback when they read Book 2!) and it's back into a "perk" cycle while I work on other things related to it.

Book 2 is still coming along, slowly but surely. I am now in the middle of Chapter 29 and some things will be answered for the leading lady but more questions will pop up at the same time... This story is turning out to be a LOT more complicated and twisted than Book 1 did and I do hope I can get it written just right! There are days I have to double check my notes file or other parts of the manuscript to make sure I have everything down right and I'm not giving too much away too soon.

I wonder if other authors, besides myself and my mentor, have that problem...

Anyway, even with a scene that may not make the final cut, Chapter 29's foundation looks pretty solid so far and over time, will be expanded, tweaked, etc.

Whoever said the writing is the "hard part" of being an author needs their head examined in my opinion......

I hope everyone is having a wonderful summer and for those who are returning to school during the month of August, I hope your school year goes great! Schools here do not start for another four weeks and we're starting to gear up for Son to enter Grade 3 already... We're starting the back to school shopping NOW so we're not scrambling to get things three days before he goes back!

I hope to get back into things full time again once school starts in a few weeks. I'm doing my best to keep myself into the story and NOT chomp on the monitor so much... Being busy with getting Book 1/NR ready for publishers is helping and I'm glad I have that to keep me from going crazy. Last year, I didn't have anything like that to keep my mind off of things and I'd be back to losing my bloody mind or ripping the hair out if I didn't have a zillion things to do this year!

Have a great week everyone! I'll post another update after more happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment