Sunday, August 25, 2013

Benstock 2013: Local Music, Friends and Fun

Another weekend has gone by and I finally got out of the house again...
This weekend, a local music festival called "Benstock" was going on and this year, I was able to attend it. It features local bands of all genres and generally runs from Friday afternoon until Sunday morning.

Of course, I wanted to see local melodic/classic metal band Whom Gods Destroy play their set. They had originally been slated to play the 7 p.m. slot on Friday night but had their time changed to 10 p.m. on Saturday.

The drummer/lead singer's girlfriend and I are very close so we decided to go to the festival together, to see the guys rock the place. We arrived a little before nine and the guys were already up on stage, singing "Sea of Tears" from their 2007 Demo album. I quickly dug out my camera and filmed most of that song... I don't have it on YouTube right now, due to limited MB of usage for month on my high speed, but others got the entire performance in two installments on video...


Benstock 2013 Video 1

Benstock 2013 Video 2

My video... "Sea of Tears" by Whom Gods Destroy...


Unfortunately we got there JUST as the guys were wrapping up their set so we missed most of it! *SIGH* I'm glad that we got there for part of it at least, and that the guitarist's girlfriend did film the entire set. So we did get to see it after all, but in a roundabout way.

Classic metal band, Whom Gods Destroy - Tim Gaudet (guitars/backup vocals), Adam Bondarenko (drums/vocals), and Eli Bondarenko (bass) - at the end of their set at Benstock 2013.

We stuck around and hung out with the guys as they packed up their equipment and heard music from other awesome local bands in the area. This area is filled with talent - the bands that were playing while we were still there were awesome and I hope to see them again next year! I did meet the gentleman who started the festival last year, Ben, and he's a really nice guy who like me, loves music.

After everything was packed away and we chatted with some of our friends, we decided to hang out at the singer's girlfriend's house for a while. Of course, if you get me and the guys together in one spot, it goes from silly to plain out of this world ridiculous. I do have a few videos of the zaniness up in my personal Facebook profile but I won't show them here. This blog is PG13 rated and some of the zaniness that happened after the show is FAR from PG13 rated... It's more like R or X rated! *laughs*

Anyway I had a blast with the gang and was happy to see some old friends I haven't seen in ages... I was glad to be able to attend and cheer on one of my favorite bands of all time... Even if it was only for a few minutes! I hope to get to Benstock again next year and with a little luck, I'll be able to tell everyone I'm going to be published somehow, sometime after the festival...

Thank you to Ben H for creating and hosting this wonderful event! Ben, YOU ROCK! 

I hope y'all had a great weekend. We have less than 2 weeks to go until school starts, which means I hope to be back into the writing a lot more and hopefully can get my first book, "No Regrets" ready and sent out to publishers very soon.

Peace and rock on everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment