Friday, August 30, 2013

Another Launch Day Ahead!

As y'all know, my official Facebook author's page and profile were launched on August 19, 2013. So far, the reception has been good despite some quarters not liking the fact that yes, I HAVE finished one double length novel and am working on finishing its sequel, and am also on the way to getting published in some form or another.


So... Another launch day is ahead... Yes, I'm doing another official launch. It's something I've been thinking about for a while, to create buzz and get my pen name and get my books out there more. What it is, I'm not saying until Monday September 2, 2013, which is the day that it will be announced/launched to the rest of the world. It's a project I've put a lot of blood, sweat and tears into and the select few who have seen it, loves it. Hubby put his stamp of approval on it as well, and I know when he does that, he likes it! I'm very excited and tickled about it and hope everyone else likes it as much as my Writing Excerpts gang in Facebook. I'd like to thank everyone who has checked it out, commented on it and sent me kind words about it! THANK YOU! 

As for the actual writing projects...

My first book, "No Regrets" hasn't been sent out yet. I'm still working on getting the packages ready for publishers and hope to get it sent out before the first year anniversary of me finishing its first draft... October 19, 2012. It's hard to believe that over ten months have passed since I last typed in "THE END" on the last page of that manuscript! It's gone through a lot of changes in the months since then... At least three more drafts, lots of editing, additions and 86ing, and so much more, but it's finally close to being "perfect" even with my insanely high standards. 


Book 2 is progressing slowly but surely. I still haven't closed the gap between where I am in the main manuscript and the gem my beloved friend and fellow author Sandra shot at me back in March. I'm hoping to get that closed very soon, but it's delicate work and I don't want to give TOO much away before the big "SAY WHAT?" that will happen at the end of her wonderful idea! I already know how the grand finale will go, and what will be in the epilogue, so it's only a matter of weaving everything together in the right configuration before Draft 1 of Book 2 is finished and I can finally say goodbye to the wonderful characters of both books... Yes, some characters from Book 1 are in Book 2, although they are a little older and have adapted quite well to their new lives and new roles... Hint! *wink* I'm going to miss all of them dearly when the time comes to write "THE END" in Book 2's main manuscript file, but at least I know their stories will be out there and I hope people will love them as much as I do.

I am going to toss in again that whoever said writing is the "hard part" of being an author needs their blessed head examined...

Don't forget, MONDAY SEPTEMBER 2, 2013 will see me launching yet another great thing! Be there!

All the best and have a wonderful weekend everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment