Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Plugging Along...

Before I begin, I would like to say my thoughts and prayers are with everyone affected by what happened at the Boston Marathon yesterday. I have relatives in that area and thankfully, none of them were near the area at the time. Out of respect for all involved, I didn't post a writing update yesterday and kept my author's page silent, minus an acknowledgement that is.
To those who have family members who were hurt or lost a family member or friend, my thoughts are with you.
Update on the writing:
Two more writing days have passed, and things are slowly coming together bit by bit...
Ideas for the gem that my mentor gave me have waned a little bit so I decided it was time to get back to attacking the main manuscript file. I was stuck in the middle of chapter 5, while working on a later part of the story, and wanted to get moving on in the main file again.
I wasn't sure how to proceed. At first, I thought I'd toss in a comical scene but decided that something serious would be better instead... This scene is crucial to the storyline itself because it is a very early lead in to what happens near the end of the book. The leading lady starts another journey that co-insides with the one she has already started and things will start picking up steam from here. The leading man will be with her on the second part of the journey and things are starting to line up for that to happen. There is some humor inserted into key areas because it is needed but for the most part, the last few scenes in this story have been serious.
What can I say? This plot is just as complicated, if not more so, than its predecessor NR, and so far, it's been a little harder to write because of the nature of the backstory, etc. 
I'm also trying to keep things on track with remembering everything that happened in NR and everything else. Having a notes document and timeline is a BIG help with that. The timeline for everything is almost finished, but I do have a couple of tiny gaps to fill in. That's minor though, and I'll probably get those done while I'm writing by the seat of my jeans, like I've done so many times while writing NR and other parts of this one.
Things are moving slowly by times but I find once I really get into it and get going with an idea, it's not so bad. It's not nearly as absorbing as NR was this time last year but I'm hoping with a little luck, it will get there at some point. 
In other news, my mentor is now getting things ready to publish Book 3 of her Keyholder's Castle series and that should be available on Amazon sometime next month. Again, I helped her with the cover for it and am very happy to be involved with her projects, even on such a small scale! I can't wait to help her with Book 4's cover too, whenever that will be ready. It's still in the "prewriting" stage at the moment so it will be a while before I get moving on the cover for that or anything else my beloved mentor needs help with. Taking a break from my writing to help a friend is a good thing after all!
Have a wonderful week everyone... I have two more writing days scheduled for this week so hopefully I'll have more to report over the weekend.
~Valerie J~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment