Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Great End to a Sad Week...

After the sadness that began the week, things continued on as always here...
Wednesday was another writing day for me, and after going by fits and starts, I finally settled into getting some writing out of the way. Chapter six was finished and chapter seven was started. I did have a loose game plan on what to do and where to go with it but other than that I winged it and believe it or not, it came out a lot better for a first draft than I had hoped.
I took Thursday off from writing although I did do some editing. Good thing because I did catch a few typos, etc and smoothed things out a little more.
Friday was another day I wrote by the seat of my pants and I wrapped up chapter seven. I was going to start chapter eight at that time but I had only forty minutes left before the bus got here and I didn't want to be in the middle of a scene when my son got home from school. When I'm in the middle of something like that, I prefer to finish it and the next scene was going to be a long one so I gave up for the day and did the first edit/reread on everything instead.
Like my mentor once told me (or did she tell me several times?) it's great when the story writes itself!
I think I overdid it this week though. Yesterday I could barely see, my hands were acting up (I have carpal tunnel syndrome for the second time) and my entire brain was fuzzy... So I did NOT open Word at all and wound up spending most of the day away from the computer, relaxing with the cat... Cat really enjoyed it and slept on my lap most of the day! She's a cuddly fat thing and loves to snooze with me!
Today I'm not going to be actually writing but if the urge strikes me, I plan on editing or jotting down ideas. The story has sucked me in, big time, and the more I work on it, the more ideas come my way
Just like its predecessor... LOL
I hope everyone has had a lovely weekend and if you're in my part of Nova Scotia, enjoying that sunshine!
Congrats to my NHL team, the Toronto Maple Leafs, who clinched a spot in the Stanley Cup playoffs for the first time since 2004!! Y'all know I hope they get the cup, they haven't had one in over 40 years (1967 was the last time they had it!) and I would love to see them get it at least ONCE in my lifetime! 
GO LEAFS GO!
~Valerie-June~         

No comments:

Post a Comment