Monday, March 4, 2013

The Final Countdown Begins...

It's been a long road but I'm finally starting to see the end of this journey ahead of me...
NR's first draft was finished almost five months ago... Since then, I've been letting it perk, editing it, I had my beloved mentor Sandra (Durham) read it and I've been making necessary changes to it.
It's time... To get moving with the final stages of getting it ready for publishers and hopefully landing a publishing contract with one of the ones on my list. If not, there is always the self publishing route!
The synopsis for publishers is now completed, I have the perfect nom de plume (my real name is a tongue twister!) and over the next few days, the first cover letters will be written up, a final reread/edit of the story will happen and finally, NR will be on its way to at least one publisher.
After this blog entry, I will probably not be posting much about NR except in passing, a recap of my journey with it, or in regards to what I hope will become its sequel, Untitled 8 or "WL" as the working title now stands.
The nervousness has settled in but only a little bit right now. I imagine it will settle in a lot more once NR is out into the world and I'm getting squirrelly while waiting for replies from the publishers I've chosen. I will not be revealing who those publishers are for fear of biasing them either to or against me one way or another, nor do I want to disappoint everyone when the rejections start rolling in. Yes, I am being realistic here... Even a great like Stephen King got rejections before he got his first publishing contract... So someone like me may get a lot more and I'm preparing myself for it. Not everyone is lucky enough to get a publishing contract after all and there are some who are very successful in the self publishing realm. If I don't get on with a publisher, I will definitely be going that way.
NR WILL be published one way or another. I promise all of you that.
I will continue to post blog entries from time to time, as work on WL/Untitled 8 progresses and I'll definitely be posting something when NR will be published, etc.
Thank you all, for reading and following me on this journey... It's been one heck of a long road from NR's conception to this last couple of steps before it's finally sent out to publishers, almost three years. It hasn't been easy, I've had so many ups and downs, good days and bad days, but I think in the end, it was all worth it. I finished one book in my lifetime and will see it published, some how and some day in the future.
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step...
Blessings, love, peace, light and happiness be yours.
Always,
~Valerie-June~    

2 comments:

  1. Keep on writing, sharing the words, filling the blank pages. Good luck on this adventure, the fun has only just begun:)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dearest! I'm going ahead and already have ideas bouncing around for NR's sequel so that's all good... I hope once NR is sent out, that I can fully get into the new story, NR's been nagging me to get it sent out and until I do, I don't think I'll be able to write much... Hopefully once the squirrelly feeling has left me! LOL :)

      Delete