Thursday, March 14, 2013

Late Nights and Tonnes of Coffee--Take Two!

March break continues and if anyone heard any gnawing in the distance, it was probably me.
It drives me nuts how I always think of things for my stories when my son is home and boy, the ideas were REALLY flowing this week since March break started...
The gem of an idea that my beloved mentor gave me is still in my head and although there are some gaps that need to be filled in, it's coming along slowly but surely. I'm getting reactions from one side done, etc and it's looking good so far... Good enough for me to consider worthy of a first draft that is.
Last night I decided to stay up late and dive into the writing, to ease the urge a bit so I wouldn't drive myself and everyone else completely crazy with wanting to get on with it. Thankfully my husband isn't working today so I was able to really let myself go writing wise after the guys went to bed.
I had a partial scene in my brain and that was written up right away. It's an "over 18" scene so I had to wait until there was NO chance of my son seeing it before I wrote it up. It's only the basics, a "bare bones" blurb at the moment but at least the base of it is down and in a password protected file.
Yeah, I'm starting to put passwords on my documents now, notably the "adult" stuff. Son has figured out how to get into Word and start opening things! *SIGH* At least I know how to do passwords, etc and I have used them in the past, with Untitled 6 (dead manuscript, in the waste file for such things) and others. I'm going to start using them on ALL files because knowing him, he'll get into the manuscripts, etc and REALLY make a mess of things, thinking he's writing... *rolling eyes*
Anyway, back to the actual writing...
I got that short bit written up after thinking about it for a while and swearing a blue streak... I'm not sure exactly where it will go or how to lead into it yet but I'm sure it'll be coming up in the main manuscript file in a bit... Then I decided to poke around the rest of the files I have written up for this manuscript.
The main manuscript continuation wasn't working, so I went back to the idea my mentor shot at me last week and an idea to fill in one of the many gaps in that part hit me... So I plugged away at that for a couple of hours. It's rough, but good and with some polishing, it will work. 
I did start to continue on where I left off at the end of it (it's a big part and will probably cover a few chapters near the end of the book if I ever finish it!) but by the time I got there, it was after 3 a.m. and I was starting to get foggy so I went back for a reread/edit. I finally crashed at 3:30 a.m., tired but happy and still coming down from the writing high.
I've also been thinking about the working title for this story... After what Sandra (my mentor) suggested to me last week, "WL" isn't right for it any more... The way things are going with the ideas, the actual storyline itself and the characters, I've come to a decision and changed the working title... "FP" it is now known as. It suits things a LOT better and gives a tiny hint to those who will read NR exactly what this one is about. It is NR's sequel after all, so I had to have a great title for it. I just hope it turns out even half as good as its predecessor! 
The ideas are still flowing, thankfully, and I'm trying to keep up with getting them down most of the time! Bless my mentor, she is an awesome person to brainstorm with and I really appreciate the help! It's good to have someone who knows the characters almost as well as you do in a case like this! LOL
I'll update as things progress, as always. I have two shorter writing days next week and I would like to fill in some of the gaps I have in that one part if I can do it!
Have a wonderful Thursday everyone!
~Valerie-June~           

No comments:

Post a Comment