Wednesday, February 13, 2013

From Ludicrous Speed to Turtle Speed...

Brick walls STINK.
Seriously.
I've been trying to get things moving in Untitled 8 again and SPLAT... I keep hitting that dratted wall with the writing. *SIGHS*
I don't know if it's my writing batteries needing another recharge or the fact that I'm too worried about getting NR ready to send out to publishers. I still haven't gotten around to writing up the synopses for various spots yet and I should really get on that, it's one of the most important things one has to do to sell their book to a publisher after all. 
My problem is... how in the heck do I compress the entire story (47 Chapters!) into a small, one paragraph blurb or even 2 pages? It's driving me nuts! I know others out there have had the same problem, and I'm hoping with some insight from some of my published friends I can get a little advice for that. Hopefully I can come up with something that will satisfy myself and will be up to the publishers' high standards. I really have to work on that and get on the ball with it because one person has read it (my beloved mentor!) and another one is reading it currently... Once my other trusted friend is finished with it, that means Draft 4/FINAL mode and it'll be ready to send out.
I think what's wrong in Untitled 8 is that I want to focus more on the characters from NR and not the main couple... I find myself reverting back to their way of thinking instead of thinking in the way of the new characters, and that could be my downfall for this one. I may wind up rewriting so much stuff because I wind up not sharing enough about the new leading lady's journey and back to the old characters' feelings, etc. If I can keep myself focused on the new couple, etc, things WILL improve... I can hope at least!
I am still getting a few ideas for it here and there but like NR, things are NOT fully clear at this point. I am still in the starting stages after all and sometimes my brain takes a while to really "get into" a story and the characters' heads. I keep reminding myself it took me over a year to get going with NR and once I did, things REALLY took off with it... That's my mantra this time around anyway. I wrote a double length story, I can do a single length or another double length one! Thinking positively here!
Anyway, I hope y'all had a great week so far. We had a blizzard over the weekend and although it was nasty outside, everything was fine here. Hubby didn't have to work all weekend and we didn't lose power at all despite high winds, blowing snow, etc. I was grateful for that. I wasn't online much on Saturday but was long enough to let my mentor, family and friends know we survived the storm perfectly fine and were happy and warm.
Have a great week everyone! I'll update the next time I get moving in Untitled 8 or if anything new develops!

No comments:

Post a Comment