Monday, December 10, 2012

Quick Update

Hi everyone!
I know it's been a while since I've updated y'all on everything with the writing, but there really hasn't been a lot to talk about. NR's second draft is still being edited and proofed between perking sessions. My beloved mentor is still reading Part One and hasn't found a lot of typos or problems so far and will alert me to anything that is messed up in any way.
Untitled 8 isn't moving along at all, neither is RH's rewrite, because I'm wanting to get NR's final polishing out of the way and get it sent out to publishers and possibly agents who will accept romance writers. 
It's been slow going and I still have a LOT of work to do on this story, but at least the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel is getting brighter and brighter each time I polish or proof anything in NR. There are a few places in Part Two where I'm considering doing a little revision but other than that, what is there is pretty much what I will be sending out story wise, but with a little more polishing, etc.
Once again, I look back at a year ago and I see just how far I've come along with this manuscript. One year, three days ago, I had less than 1/4 of the story written, let alone knew how things would go (which turned out a lot different than I had planned when I first got NR's initial idea!) and look at it now... Draft 1 was completed almost two months ago, I'm working on the "sequel" to it, it's a lot longer than I thought it would be and I'm shocked at what I accomplished this last year... And what I've learned, about myself, my writing, what is appropriate for the masses and exactly what publishers seem to want these days. Unfortunately, I have a feeling NR may be "too deep" for some people because the characters, the plot, the twists and turns are more complex than other stories out there, and I may wind up self publishing it. *SIGHS* If I have to go that route, I will, and I found out this past year that my stuff is rather "tame" compared to other stuff that's been put on self publishing/vanity press sites so maybe things will work out after all. I hope so at least! LOL
Here's another blast from the past, my blog entry from December 7, 2011... It contains some funny stuff in relation to "Not fit for human consumption", but I guess even the stuff I 86'ed from Untitled #6 was tame compared to some other stuff that people are reading, liking and lapping up these days... Enjoy!
"Write and Learn: Editing and 86'ing"

No comments:

Post a Comment