Friday, September 7, 2012

Back in the Writing Saddle Again, WOOT!

It's official: I am no longer chomping on the monitor, wanting a full day to work on NR!
School started yesterday and today was my first full day alone in two months, so I took advantage of both Hubby and Son being gone and dived head first into the writing.
The gap between where I had left off in the main manuscript file and the MBECWA file was driving me crazy all summer long. I did a quick reread on the first fifteen and a half chapters and jumped into wrapping up Chapter 16. I was determined to finish the darn thing, come hell or high water!
It was slow going at first but thanks to my determination and stubbornness, I managed to get Chapter 16 done!
When that was finished, I realized that I could finally do two things I've been unable to do until now... Splice in that darn MBECWA file!
After that was spliced in, I also did something else... I spliced in what I have written up so far in Part 2 and now have everything I have written up into the Main Manuscript file.
Today's actual writing was only 5 pages and 2350 words worth, upping the main manuscript's main file at 135 pages before the splice... After the two splices, that number jumped to 248!
After Son got home from school, I continued to work on NR, editing, which doesn't require as much concentration as something like the actual writing does. I had not inserted any chapter breaks into Part 2 yet because I wasn't sure exactly which chapter it would start off on or exactly where they would be, so I worked on that while I was making supper and into this evening.
I am now officially at the start of Chapter 31. Everything I added today, from the new material to both splices made the main manuscript file jump a full fifteen chapters!
I am so cross eyed right now that I'm seeing quadruple but at least I managed to get things moving with NR again. I was so scared I was going to lose the rest of the story and I didn't want to do it, I want this story to be told, one way or another.
By the way, my mentor got word of her manuscript from the publisher she mailed it to a few weeks ago and they are not interested. *SIGHS* So she's going the self publishing route for now. I already have her Facebook author's page set up and it will go live when she has everything set up and Book 1, "Homecoming", is officially up for sale. I'll let everyone know here and include links for her FB page and the book itself (for people with e-readers and the computer app that allows a desktop/laptop user to read e-books) when the time comes.
It's been one heck of a crazy summer vacation and now that it's over, I'm wondering exactly where it went. It moved by so quickly and now we're on the cusp of autumn already. I'm not complaining about it, I'm still amazed school is back in session when it feels like only yesterday I was looking over Son's final report card from his Grade 1 year.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
~Veridian~

No comments:

Post a Comment