Friday, June 1, 2012

"Cruising... With a Few Twits and Turns"

Once again I find myself woozy while I try to make the transition from "writing mode" to "mother/moderator mode"...
I have been looking at what I've accomplished with my writing this week and it amazes me just how much one can do when one has the right atmosphere, the time and the determination....
In one week, I have written well over a chapter's worth of material, made a huge decision on how the second part of the story is going to go and said decision is going to save me a LOT of fighting with myself and save me from baldness or killing someone!
I managed to get about 8 1/2 to 9 pages worth of new material written up today alone, which is over 4,000 words... It has a lot of dialogue in it but it's still a lot to accomplish in only 5 1/2 hours!
This week's writing totals over 15 pages and over 8,000 words in the main manuscript file. No wonder why I feel as if I've run the gauntlet! I would love to work on it more and will be if I'm up to it later tonight after the guys go to bed. I would love to be able to get moving on an event that is coming up very soon in the latter half of Chapter 14, early on in Chapter 15... It doesn't seem like a huge deal at first but it's a catalyst that will set of a chain of events that the reader will be somewhat expecting but not sure exactly how things will land as the story moves along.
Needless to say, the gap between what I've got in the main manuscript file and where I'll be splicing in the MCEWCA file is getting closer each time I add a new word in. At the moment, I am getting so close to that big splice, I can almost taste it and I'm wanting to write constantly now and transitioning from my "writing mode" into my "mother/moderator" mode is knocking me for a loop so badly that I'm weaving in my chair after I come out of my writing bubble! *THUD*
Eh, I'll be okay... I think! LOL
Anyway, I'll be attacking the story as much as I can over the course of the week and will be posting updates when I get more accomplished.
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
~Veridian~

No comments:

Post a Comment