Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Busy Days and Ultra Late Nights...

It's not even my next marathon day yet and things have been crazy in my writing world...
Friday didn't just have the writing during the daytime, I had also stayed up quite late to work on things and wound up getting another scene or two added in after the guys went to bed.
Over the weekend itself I did get a lot of editing done and I stayed up late on Saturday night so I could get yet another scene added. Sunday night I stayed up to watch something on TV and decided to take a bit of a break from writing that evening. Monday rolled around and I started to write up a VERY important scene but Hubby came home halfway through me writing it and between him driving me crazy and my son coming home and driving me crazy too, it took another 8 full hours for me to finish writing up the scene. Monday evening saw me writing away after MasterChef was over... The scene I wrote up was a HUGE scene that reveals the secret that one of the main characters had and it came out in such a way that the reader and the characters were not expecting... Although the reader may have their suspicions after reading something that happens not long before this scene.
Hubby took off for a few hours yesterday morning so I did an edit on the scene that took me ALL DAY to write on Monday and it's a darn good thing I did. It was so full of errors that in a few places I had to completely rewrite a sentence or in one or two spots, an entire paragraph. I was NOT happy because I had told both of the guys that I was working and neither seemed fit to leave me along long enough for me to even read a single sentence or write up three words before they bothered me and broke my concentration!
I managed to get another scene added yesterday and settled on doing another edit/reread of the main manuscript and other parts. I also decided that with a few quick edits/tweaks that I could tie the two parts of the second half together and combine it into one file... So I did! I now have something like three files which are waiting to be spliced into the main manuscript. I'm still a little stuck on how to continue in the main manuscript file and I'm starting to think that maybe I should 86 the scene I started in Chapter 14 where I got stuck and restart it in a different way because what's there just isn't working at the moment. Such is the life of an aspiring author I guess! 
The last word count I did was on June 3, 2012 and combined together, everything I have written up since then is over 10,000 words, meaning I have more than surpassed the goal of 100,000 words I had set for myself back in June 2010, which is when I came up with the original idea for this story.
I've been eating, sleeping, breathing, everything this story lately, it's no wonder why things are going too fast for me to keep up with most days... I'll be watching TV, going to the bus stop or even cooking when an idea will clobber me... I've even had some great ideas hit me when I was laying in bed trying to sleep! 
When I thought of this idea that is now coming to life, I never thought I'd be this consumed with it two years later... It's amazing how things got rolling once I got rid of some flotsam and jetsam in my life and a lot of weights that had been holding me back. 
I'm not sure how much I'll be working on it today... I am thinking edit/rewrite again on parts I haven't looked at in a few days and depending on how I'm feeling later this evening after the guys crash, I may even try to write up another scene. I did get an idea for what leads up to the final scenes of the story, so I may work on that if things come into focus a little more. I'm not sure if I'll be adding an epilogue to this story or not... I may, because there is something one hears about in the story that one doesn't actually SEE in it. It's a strong possibility that the epilogue, if I add one, may contain that idea. I'll just have to see I guess.
Next full day of writing is on Friday again and this will be my second to last full day of writing before Son gets out of school for the summer. 
Hubby, bless him, said he will help me if I adapt to a "late night" writing schedule, meaning he'll get up with Son on days he has off so I can sleep in after a late night... Or he will take Son shopping with him some days so I have a couple of hours to write here and there during the daytime.
I do admit that when Son's meds kick in he is a lot less active and will let me write sometimes but that is only two hours here and there... I like having a solid four hours to work without curious little rabbits around the computer too, and since Son is only 8, can read at college level and has delayed echolalia (meaning he will repeat something he read or heard at a later time, sometimes weeks or months later!), NOT a good idea to let him see ANY parts of this story considering it's a story for those over 18!!
I'm hoping to get the first draft of this story finished by next year this time and at the rate I'm going, I may actually reach that goal! I'd like to reach it for once. When I started this darn thing, my original "finish first draft" goal was September 2011 and that didn't happen! 
Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone! I'll be back with another blog entry sometime soon!
~Veridian~

No comments:

Post a Comment