Thursday, May 17, 2012

Milestones!

Today was another great day for me... Another milestone has been reached!
The first draft of the MCEWCA file is officially DONE as of 2:10 p.m. Atlantic Time! *THUD!!* 
Five hours, five pages and 3397 words today alone, it's DONE and I will be ready to do ANOTHER splice in the near future!!
The MCEWCA file happens right before the MMG file... But the MMG file needs some work and new stuff added to it before I can get the two combined into one larger (make that HUGE!) file to splice into the main manuscript file. The main manuscript file is almost up to the point where I can splice the MCEWCA file into it, I'm thinking about 5 or so more chapters to go in the main file before that happens... Yeah, I have a gap that needs to be filled before I can do a splice there! LOL I'm hoping to start attacking that tomorrow morning if I can figure out how to close the gap between where I left off in Chapter 12, the FLSD2 file (yes, yet another splice to be done!) and then the combined files of the MCEWCA and MMG files! That will cover probably close to half of the story once everything is written up and added in, if not more than that!! *BLINKS!*
I'm starting to bounce around ideas for the MMG file now because that does need some work and since I'll be splicing that in hopefully before school gets out at the end of June, or over the summer, and I really want to get this *CENSORED* story finished as soon as I can! Ideas for the stuff that happens after the MMG file are starting to flow too but they are more vague right now... They'll come to me when the time is right. :)
You know, I look back on the past year and see how much the writing has progressed. A year ago, I barely had anything written up for Untitled #7, barely ten pages worth and some of it was 86'ed or rewritten, even though the original idea for it came to me in June of 2010, and now I'm closing in on having the first third of its first draft out of the way. I'm not going to say why it has taken me two years to get to this point when I should have been past it long before now, but I will say that I will never make that mistake again. I learned the lesson, big time!, and am now happy focusing my attention on Sanctuary and MW, my family, my true friends, my pets and of course, my writing. I've come a very long way this past year and I'm glad to finally see something go into the past for good while I move forward with my life... I missed out on so much but now that I once again have my head on straight, I'm seeing the forest again, the bloody trees are no longer getting in my way!
Have a great Thursday everyone... I'll be back soon with yet another writing update!
~Veridian~

No comments:

Post a Comment