Friday, May 18, 2012

"Kaleidoscope"

It has been one HECK of a week for me... 
I'm sitting here staring at Untitled #7 and once again, seeing just how far that story has come along in the last year or so, and how much closer I am to my goal of finishing it by 2014.
I still can't believe I'm moving right along with it, even if progress is slow sometimes... I can't write every day but when I do get a chance to work on it, it's utter MAGIC I swear!
In yesterday's blog, I mentioned that there was a gap in the main manuscript between where I left off in Chapter 12 and the MCEWCA file that I had finished yesterday, the gap was also where the FLSD2 file was going to be spliced in. Well, that gap was bugging the dickens out of me so I reread/edited Chapters 10, 11 and the first part of Chapter 12 so I could get back on track and wound up getting a few ideas on how to bring the story up to where the FLSD2 file will go in. 
I only had a shorter day today due to Hubby working until noon instead of 3 p.m. but once I got down to working on it, things progressed pretty quickly!
I wasn't sure on how to get there so after bouncing around a few ideas, I found something that worked and HUZZAH!, I now have the FLSD2 file spliced in, edited AND I've continued on AFTER it, which wraps up Chapter 12!!
I would have kept going but by the time I was done writing that part up, it was noon time and I knew Hubby would be home any time, meaning I wouldn't be able to work due to that !@#$%^&* TV being on and such. *rolling eyes* So I stopped for the day and got ready to run some errands instead.
I'm getting ideas on what else to put in that gap between the end of Chapter 12 and the MCEWCA/MMG files... I think it may be more than 5 or 6 chapters' worth of stuff because I still have a LOT of ground to cover, but I'll see how things go as things progress. I was also looking at a part that I may 86, it's not as relevant to the story as I had originally thought... I'll have to think about that and see if I want to expand on it or not. If not, I'll take it out to compress the story and make it move along more smoothly.
Three days worth of writing this week... I can't believe it! It's been one of my more productive weeks in the last while and I'm very pleased! I'm worn out, mentally and physically but that's normal... One night's worth of solid sleep and I'll be fine!
I've been going through the files and seeing how much I have done for first drafts of this story and realized that I'm about 1/3 of the way done... I thought I was a LOT less than that, probably because I have so many different scenes written up in files other than the main manuscript and I was just going by that alone!
I'm not sure how many words are in the story (combined files) but I'm sure I'll meet my goal of 100,000 words and then some at the rate I'm going!! 
I haven't edited what I wrote today just yet due to time restrictions and the fact that I only got home an hour ago (I've been busy getting caught up!) but I'm thinking about doing that shortly while Son is distracted by his game console and before he starts wanting me to play music on the computer so he can drum.
It's the official start of the Summer Season here in Nova Scotia and I hope all of my fellow Canadians have a safe, fun and happy Victoria Day weekend!
Have a great weekend everyone!
~Veridian~

No comments:

Post a Comment