Friday, May 4, 2012

"BAM!"

This was one of those weeks that the creative juices were flowing... Sometimes a little too fast for the fingers!
Yesterday was the first time I had the house COMPLETELY to myself in about 2 weeks... Hubby ran errands in the morning and I dived into Untitled #7 before he was out of the driveway. At first, I was only going to write up outlines, etc., but after reading the outlines I wrote up on Tuesday between things, I decided to see if I could get a scene started before Hubby came home. 
I worked on it for two hours and got it halfway finished... When Hubby went to pick up Son for a doctor's appointment, I was right back into it... I even managed to wrap up the part I had started that morning! Code name: MCE.
Yesterday's work is probably a full chapter, a shorter one, but a full one nonetheless. It covers part of the latter part of the first third of the story and I'm slowly building up to where I'll be splicing in the C&A file... WHEN I get the first part of that done anyway! LOL
Today started out slowly... I edited what I wrote up yesterday and was going to work on bridging the gap from where I left off in Chapter 12 (Main manuscript) and the FLSD2 file I'm going to splice in very soon but that wasn't working for me today... So after rereading/editing the MCE file, ideas for how to continue on with that hit me, which lead to being buried in that for a full 4 1/2 hours and most of the of the following chapter finished.
All in all, it's been a 6,000+ word week (almost 7,000 actually!), with over 12 pages of new material added!! No wonder why my brain is mush right now!
Tomorrow, Hubby is working but Son will be home so no writing for me... I may sneak in a little editing time during the daytime though... I plan on attending a memorial/benefit jam tomorrow night, my brothers in law's band will be performing late tomorrow evening, and I want to be there so I can cheer for them and show them that they rock! There's also another metal band playing right before them so I may go early to listen to that too. An Alice Cooper tribute and WGD (BILs' band)? I'm soooooooooooo there!!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
~Veridian~

No comments:

Post a Comment