Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"Compressions"...

Editing: YECH! 
But it's a necessary evil for a writer or aspiring author like myself. In order to have the perfect story to hand over to a publisher, one has to do it constantly, to make sure everything is right on with grammar, punctuation, spelling, storyline, etc. 
Today saw another round of editing for me while Hubby was running errands. I took a good, long look at Chapters 7, 8 and 9 (what was the MMLTG file before splicing) and removed about a page worth of stuff that was not relevant to the storyline or seemed to go off on a tangent. I was also making sure it all "fit" with everything else ahead of it in the story. There were also a few changes here and there but not a lot otherwise.
I've been thinking about how to carry on in what is now Chapter 9 and slowly, ideas are coming to me... 
But I did have an idea hit me out of the blue while I was washing dishes earlier, an idea I was not expecting. It was something for the latter part of the first third of the book and I quickly wrote up the idea in my Ideas file for that particular story. It's going to take a LOT of work to do it right but I think I can do it when the time is right and inspiration hits me!
Tomorrow will be more editing for me and more mulling over ideas for Friday, which will be my next writing marathon day. I'm hoping to get at least a couple of pages written that day and maybe finish off Chapter 9 in the main manuscript file IF I can do it.
Next update will be when something major happens with the writing. Have a great night everyone! 
~Veridian~

No comments:

Post a Comment