Friday, March 23, 2012

"Jigsaw Puzzles and Tons of Coffee"...

Finally, a full day to work on my writing has come and gone again and I find myself getting closer and closer to finishing draft #1, even though there is still a lot of stuff to add to it at this point. 
I haven't done a lot of writing the last couple of weeks due to March break and both of the guys being around a lot, but I was still working on things for Untitled #7, stuff I can easily do while the guys were watching TV, when my son was drumming or if my husband was talking. I've been doing research on a lot of the towns, etc that I will be mentioning in the story and I've also driven around to different spots like Lunenburg and Liverpool, getting pictures and gathering as much information that I can for adding to Untitled #7. Anyone who has my main profile on their Facebook friends list can see pics of places like Mahone Bay, Lunenburg, Blue Rocks, etc and those are the same pictures I am using as references to describe those towns, etc. I do have more "information gathering" trips planned for the future and will be updating y'all on those as time goes on.
Today was pretty productive. Since I hadn't had a lot of chances for rereads, etc, I reread the entire main manuscript file from start to finish, making changes/editing things here and there and adding things in to spots that needed a little more while taking some things out that wasn't relevant to the story itself.
I am now in the final stages of closing that gap between where the Main manuscript links up with the MMLTG file, and although I did kind of jump the gun again and spliced it in already, I caught it right away and am now filling in that gap with a few things that are very relevant to how the story progresses.
After I am finished that, and I hope to be sometime tonight or over the weekend, I will be editing what was the MMLTG file to "fit" how the story has progressed to that point in the main manuscript file. The way I write is something like a jigsaw puzzle... I write up different parts and "put" them together, making sure everything flows smoothly between each part and making sure everything lines up with what has gone down before each part as well as what comes afterwards in the storyline. Sometimes it's a hard thing to do but most of the time, this way of writing works for me... I find I get very confused and frustrated if I try writing something from start to finish and will lose ideas for scenes if I don't write them up when I think of them!
I'm not sure on today's word count... I had added so much stuff in, taken a lot out and have switched so many things around that it is almost impossible to find out. I do know it's well up over 2000 words, if not closer to 3000, and that's the stuff that was added AFTER I had made some changes, did some editing, etc!!! I do know the page count jumped from about 45, 46 pages to close to 70 with the new material and the MMLTG file added in (even though it was too early to do that yet! *grumble!!*)
Productive day or what? I'm going to try to stay up late and see if I can wrap up closing that blasted gap and finally get to where the MMLTG file is SUPPOSED to go in the main manuscript. I want this DONE before the weekend is over, so I'm ready for the next full day writing marathon, and so I can edit the MMLTG file to fit the story perfectly!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
~Veridian~

No comments:

Post a Comment