Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bridging the Gap....

Today I had four full hours of writing time... Son was in school and Hubby was running errands so I dove right into Word the instant I heard the car pull out of the driveway this morning. I wanted to continue on where I had left off in the Main Manuscript file from Friday but it just wasn't clicking with me today for some wild reason. I tried working in the MMLTG file, nothing new came into the brain... I skipped from file/document to file and finally an idea for the MMG file came to me...
There was a gap between the first part of the file/document and a scene I had written up way back in November (3 months and six days ago to be exact!) and that gap was bugging the daylights out of me. So I decided it was time to close/bridge the gap and although it was hard and frustrating to do by times, I managed to get things tied together and hopefully in a way that doesn't seem like I was rushing the story along or dragging things out. This part may be an essential part to the leading lady's character growing and changing but I don't want to drag things out too much!
Today's word count: 1491, although I did add a few things here and there to the file in other spots so it's over 1500 words today... I'm still pleased with this even though it's not one of my best days! LOL
I'll probably be editing things here and there before I let Son and Hubby have the computer after supper... It seems that like other writers out there, I can't leave things alone for a minute... Which can be classed as a good thing because that means the more one works on a story, the better it can be and the faster one can finish it to their standards!
Have a great Wednesday everyone and if you're a CSI fan like I am, don't forget about the newest episode on tonight!
~Veridian~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment