Tuesday, January 17, 2012

How Time Flies...

Yesterday I started a scene that had been floating in my head for a few days. Last night, Hubby kept Son occupied for a few hours so I could actually FINISH it... And I did! 
Yesterday's word count is officially 1671 words... I reread it while doing the word count and decided I needed to add more details to it but the bulk of the first draft of that scene is DONE.
The part I was working on will be spliced into the MMLTG file when the time comes. I still have some work to do on that particular file before the splicing can take place but not a lot... I'm almost up to the point where I can "install" it into the file! Just a few more scenes and a few more pages to go!
Last night I did a word count, the first one I've done in three months. The last time was in October of 2011 and only chapter 1 was recorded for some reason. I think I got distracted by things online or here in real life, can't remember why only Chapter 1 was counted, I know other files were started LONG before October of 2011!!
Here's the official word count as of January 16, 2012, by file code name and the grand total:
Chapter 1: 3124
Chapter 2: 2430
Chapter 3: 1205
AST: 1671
C&A Spliced: 2037
FTAW: 416
FLS: 1013
MMLTG: 3922
MMG: 5405
Grand total: 23023.
***Keep in mind the majority of the work/writing has been done since May 2011, or within the last 8 months.***
*****Word counts will change as I determine where chapter breaks go in, expand or 86 content and edit things!*****
I am about 77,000 words away from my goal of 100,000 words, which is good considering the story isn't even 1/4 of the way written yet. That gives me a LOT of leeway to expand on character development, improve conversations between characters and develop the story even more. 
My goal is to have the first draft of this finished by the end of January 2014 so hopefully and gods willing, I will get some peace and quiet and be able to write more now that things have finally settled down into a smoother routine.
I'm pleased with this but I do know I can do better! Hopefully the first draft will be up to the minimum of my ridiculously high standards and will be perfect by the time I'm ready to send it off to a regular or epublisher!
Hubby is running errands right now so I have the house to myself... That means writing time for me!
I'll update if I get anything else done on Untitled #7, even if it is just editing!
Have a wonderful Tuesday everyone!
~Veridian~

No comments:

Post a Comment